Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Chopping off my Feet

Haven't posted in a while but I have good reason: I'm employed!  I finally got a job at a grocery store about a block from the house.  Not the most ritzy thing(I work in the deli) but I'm getting money which is something that is in demand.  I've been working for the past week, putting in about 30 some odd hours.  Turns out I need new shoes, too.  The ones I have are bad on slippery floors and my feet kill me at the end of the day.  :I   Not good.  So, after taking my cat to the vet and seeing if there is anything I MUST do first, shoes will be bought!

Renny is moving on Monday.  He'll be about a 2-3 hour drive away now.  I'll miss him but for the past week Grendal and I have been rather irked by the boy.  Grendal has is reasons and I have mine(warning, slight rant ahead).  My problem is two part.  Renny has been writing a memoir/journal of sorts about his time here in the Rockford area.  Sounded interesting enough.  I've been reading it and it's nothing new.  Then the comments started popping up from his other buddies.  They were complimenting him on his writing and saying how he has a writer in him.  This floored me.  Being an aspiring author for the past, oh, 17+ years, writing mountains worth of stories, and attempting to go through the process of being an English teacher, I had to disagree though I didn't 'say' anything.  The writing is on par with SMeyer of Twilight infamy, something Grendal pointed out to me.  He also said that Renny had been a big fan of the series and it also appeared that many of his friends were in the same boat.  It made me feel a little better, though a little worse.  I've been working on my novel for nearly 2 years and can't get a person to read it and tell me what they think.

The other part of my agitation with his writing is the fact that Renny has MAJORLY down played his relationship and interaction with his gaming group.  We've spent Friday afternoons for the past 2-3 years geeking it out video game style, followed by Sunday night Dungeons and Dragons for much more than that.  He glanced over the bit where he played D&D with us and has yet to mention our Friday endeavors.  I feel slighted.  Talking to Grendal about it he feels the same way.  If his next two updates don't bring any of this in, I'll suggest a better title to him and tell him, in the nicest way possible so he doesn't shut down, that I feel rather insulted and upset about it.  I don't care if he wants to go on about the 3 years he spent pining after a girl he dated for 1, and the hell he put himself through because of it.  End of rant.

That being said, everything is looking better in my world.  Let's hope it stays that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment