Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Last to Arrive

I'm always slow on the uptake when it comes to following the crowd or the trend.  Don't know why.

Yes, it's 2011.  Year of the rabbit.  One more year closer to 2012 and the end of the world.  Okay, sorry for that last bit.  I'm a nut when it comes to reading up on that type of stuff; I blame my father and his love of reading up on that stuff.  I don't believe the world will end but I am hoping for a major change.  Or at least something interesting to happen.

Everyone has made their resolutions already.  I usually don't make any because I've had a horrible track record with them.  Here is to hoping this year is different enough!

1) Have a garden that thrives, or even a potted plant.  I have a black thumb, I swear, but I want to make something grow!

2) Get better at reading my tarot so I no longer have to rely on that stupid little book.

3) Work more with the Gods and Goddesses of the world, and be mindful of conflicts between them.

4) Get more in touch with nature!

5) Be proud of my path and never shy away from talking about it if someone asks.


These should be easy enough for me, except for the first one.  :|  I have killed more plants than I like to admit.  I never mean to, it just happens.  I've been wanting a garden for years, have tried for the past 3, and something always happens.  First year was kinda my fault.  I need to remember when asking a fertility deity to aid in the growth of plants to SPECIFY the ones that I planted.  The weeds were nuts that year.

On a happier note I managed to pick up a copy of Whisper of Stone: Natib Qadish: Modern Cannanite Religion.  I've read up to the chapters on the holidays and I'm loving it!  So much information and the author is always reminding the reader that the majority of the book is what they figured out from the sparse amount of knowledge of the religion.  She(I think it's a she) goes as far to give the names of all the books and what not she went through to get the information, and really wants you to read them for yourself!  Surprisingly enough Grendal's mother told me she'd like to read it when I'm done.  I don't know if she is genuinely interested in the subject or is doing the motherly thing and wanting to see what I'm reading.

I also got a copy of Buckland's Blue Book of witchy knowledge.  Okay, obviously not the actual title but the book is all the way on the other side of the room and this little miss doesn't feel like climbing over boxes to get to it. Ha.

Anyway, I have to cut this short.  The sleeping beast(i.e. Grendal) is awake and we both need our coffee.  Happy New Year and here is to hoping this one is better then the last!

No comments:

Post a Comment